For the first time, the Project Networking Session at the ESWC2021 will take place online! The project networking track of ESWC2021 will provide an opportunity to:
- Share knowledge among EU and national projects
- Transfer data and technology between projects
- Present and discuss project requirements and results with ESWC participants
- Discuss funding opportunities such as Horizon Europe and ERC.
What do the participants gain from the project networking session?
The project networking track is intended to provide EU funded projects with the ability to connect with each other and engage in discussions about their respective research and development. It allows to establish opportunities for knowledge and technology sharing, and to identify complementary activities and goals. This can form the basis for future collaborations, research proposals, researcher exchange, or joint participation at events or initiatives.
Despite the current COVID19 situation, the online aspect of this ESWC2021 event will enable you to participate in the networking session while being in your office or home. Not only does it save travel costs and time, but it also allows you to e-meet other participants and connect with them, find synergies, and have an impact regardless of the current circumstances.
Who is invited?
We equally welcome submissions from recently finished projects, which have results to transfer, as well as recently started EU projects, which are seeking datasets and tools to perform their work and would like to network and exchange know how, expertise or info with other EU-funded projects.
When & where will the project networking session take place?
The ESWC2021 will take place on 6-10 June 2021 online.
How to apply?
For potential candidates there will be 2 application stages:
- Please send us a maximum 2-pages-abstract (Word document) presenting your project. Please indicate your name(s), brief project description, and why we should choose you for the Networking Session.
- If your abstract convinced us, we will let you know via email. Then, we would like to ask you to please send us a PowerPoint Presentation of your project.
The presentation should include:
- A more detailed description of your project & its aims.
- The tools and resources that you would like to share and disseminate in the ESWC community
- What you do wish from other participating projects (e.g. specific projects or general statements).
- The presentation should not be longer than 10 slides.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that the presentation slides include information that you would like to make public since all project presentations will be linked to the ESWC website. More information as per the final format of the session will be shared at this stage. The projects will be presented by project representatives via slides. An online poster session is not foreseen.
Please send your applications via email to:
Michael Fribus (michael.fribus[at]tib.eu)
Alexandra Garatzogianni (alexandra.garatzogianni[at]tib.eu)
Please submit your applications via email by Friday, 21 May 2021, 18:00 CET