The Posters and Demos Track of ESWC provides a forum for late-breaking results, on-going research projects, and innovative ideas, as well as prototypes of semantic technologies and their applications in various domains. Submissions to the Posters and Demos Track may cover all areas of Semantic Web research and applications, such as Linked Data and Knowledge Graphs, Ontologies, Reasoning, Natural Language Processing and Understanding, Machine and Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Quality and Data Integration, and Semantic Data Management, as well as related applications from Life Sciences, eGovernment, Business, Manufacturing, eScience, Emergency and Crisis Management, Cultural Heritage, Tourism, Autonomous Systems, etc. Posters and demos will be presented in a separate, interactive session, providing the opportunity for engaging in discussions and direct exchange.
We thus invite submissions relevant to the area of the Semantic Web and which address, but are not limited to, the topics of the Research Track, the Resources Track, the In-Use Track, and the Industry Track. We also invite Vision papers, Position papers and Outrageous ideas. Accepted papers presented at the conference will appear in supplementary post-conference proceedings to be published by Springer in the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Camera ready versions will be available online during the conference.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Submissions must be either in PDF or HTML. Springer Publications expect the LaTeX source for the camera ready, but we encourage HTML submissions.
- Submissions must be formatted in the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). For details on the LNCS style, see Springer’s Author Instructions at https://www.springer.com/us/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines. For HTML submission guidance, see the HTML submission guide at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nvM3yOQkQrSXiotSeMHEIjP42Xitlp6X_a0cQeFJthc/edit.
- Poster and demo submissions are at most 4 pages long, including references. Authors will be granted one extra page when preparing their camera ready version in case of acceptance, in order to address the reviewers’ comments.
- Demo submissions must additionally provide a description of the demonstration that will be given at the conference (which may include screenshots and must include either a link to an online demo or to a video presenting it).
- Submissions must clearly demonstrate relevance to the Semantic Web and the topics of interest of ESWC 2021. Decisions about acceptance will be based on relevance to the Semantic Web, originality, potential significance, topicality, and clarity.
- Papers that exceed the given page length or do not follow the LNCS guidelines will be rejected without review. Posters and demos accompanying an accepted main track paper must be marked as such and provide an explanation of the additional value of the P&D submission. Aside from such cases, double submissions to any other conferences, workshops, or tracks of ESWC will be rejected.
- ESWC2021 follows a completely open and interactive reviewing process using the OpenReview platform. Submissions must be uploaded at https://openreview.net/group?id=eswc-conferences.org/ESWC/2021/Conference/Poster_and_Demo_Track.
- Each poster submission must provide a single webpage presenting the paper’s content instead of the traditional poster. Eating our own semantic dog food for building the webpage is at least highly recommended 🙂
- Each accepted demo must provide a single webpage explaining the paper’s content, similarly to poster submissions, and a website presenting the demo.
- Each accepted poster or demo must provide a 1-minute video explaining the paper’s content to “advertise” the work and encourage participants to visit the poster/demo.
- Poster/demo papers may be linked to the poster or demo web page, but the paper itself (be it in HTML or PDF format) may not replace the webpage.
- At least one author of each accepted poster and demo paper must register for the conference and present the paper there.
- Accepted posters and demos will be enrolled into the competition for the best poster and demo award of ESWC 2021. The winners will receive an award certificate.
Submission Deadline: March 14th, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: April 17th, 2021
Camera-Ready Paper: April 27th, 2021
All deadlines are 23:59 anywhere on earth (UTC-12).
Anastasia Dimou, Ghent University, e-mail: email@example.com
Aidan Hogan, DCC, Universidad de Chile, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org